Before you begin
How to Apply
To apply for the Online ISA you have to:
- be aged 16 or over and be a UK resident for tax purposes
- not already hold an Online ISA with us
- hold a UK bank or building society account in your name
What do I need to apply?
For your security, your online application will time out after 15 minutes if left inactive (activity is moving through pages). Therefore, please make sure you have the following to hand before you start:
- Your residential address including postcode (we're unable to accept c/o or PO Box addresses)
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your bank or building society account number and sort code. This needs to be a personal account in your name (either sole or joint) and will be used for any requested withdrawal payment that you have asked us to send you, once your Online ISA is open
- An email address. This is how we'll correspond with you regarding your account
- Your debit card
- Details of any current ISA if you wish to transfer this to us
If you're under 18 or applying with a Power of Attorney, you'll need to send us documents, including proof of identity, before we can open the account. We'll provide you with further information on how you can do this within 24 hours of completing the application.
Payment by debit card
Please note, if we need verification of your identity before opening your account or if you’re applying with a Power of Attorney, we’ll not be able to accept your initial payment by debit card. You’ll still be able to open an Online ISA, although your initial payment will need to be sent to us by cheque or by transferring in another ISA you hold. Before making a decision to transfer an ISA to us, you should check with your provider if they'll charge a fee.
Post Office Money ISAs are provided by OneFamily. Savings in Post Office Money cash ISAs are deposited with Bank of Ireland UK.
Are you applying with Power of Attorney?
If you’re an Attorney or Deputy and are applying on behalf of someone else, please complete the application with the investor's
details. We’ll ask for proof of identity from you and the investor, as well as proof of the Power of Attorney/Deputyship.
We'll contact you with more information on how you can provide these documents within 24 hours of completing the application.
Please make sure you have access to the email address that you provide for the investor, as this is how we’ll let you know
that you have a secure message about this Online ISA.
Before you apply, please read the Key Information Pack as it contains the Key Features,
Please also read the Bank of Ireland Privacy Notice.
Additionally, it includes the Deposit Information Sheet, which details information about how your money will be protected by the
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). If there is anything you do not understand or if you are unable to view these
documents please read our FAQs at the top of this page.
The information in the Key Information Pack, along with this online application, form the Agreement between you and us.
Before you proceed with your application you should ensure that all documents can be printed and/or saved, and all the information can be clearly read on the device that you're using.